Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Praying for the heart of the heartless

This has been a very sad and heart breaking weekend.

Friday started off as an adventure.  My three biologicals prepared to fly into Tampa for their Dad and their "new Mom's" wedding.  They arrived at the airport hours prior to their departure time.  Within minutes of arriving my son received a very disturbing text from one of his best friends.  This text would change Christian's heart forever.  One of his best friends tragically died minutes prior to that very same text message.  He was broken.  Why would a God of love take not one but two of his best friends in less than a year? First, the man he admired most, his Grandpop.  And now, his sister-in-Christ, a sweet friend. He spent the next few hour being comforted by his sisters and his sister's boyfriend.  I felt my heart break for this sweet girls family, her friends, and of course my son.

I arrived in Florida, accompanied by my mom, the next morning.  It felt like an eternity.  I needed to wrap my arms around my kid.  I needed to see his eyes.  And when I did I felt his heart and saw his brokenness.  He and I spent time together by the pool at the hotel.  He said that he wanted to put on a smile and be happy for his dad and soon to be inherited mom.  He truly is on of the most selfless teens I know.  I expressed that it was important for him to not suppress his emotions.  And encouraged him to speak.  But still he remained silent.  He continued texting and viewing Facebook. Facebook was blowing up with posts from his friends and other well wishers.  And then there was the Facebook post about a very vile and disgusting man and his heartless and unfounded blog.  His words where evil. Christian and I read it together.  I was beyond angry.  And Christian too.  He was quiet for a bit.  Then I watched his fingers rapidly type away on his phone.  He was attempting to respond to this sick individual.  He shared his words, that he had  typed, with me and my eyes filled with tears.  He wanted this guy to know, that even though he had the audacity to write such horrible stuff about this tragic event, that he was praying that the same God who chose to call his sweet friend home would give him grace.

So here I sit.  I am praying for the heart of this heartless man.  This individual wants nothing more than to hurt the brokenhearted.  He spends his spare time seeking  tragic events in the media and twisting them into something terrible.  So, I pray that the same God that heals the sick, gives sight to the blind,  and forgives each one of us for our wrongs, gives this man grace.  I pray that Mr. Crook finds the love of Christ in his heart of stone.  And that one day his blog will glorify the name of God.  And that he will become a servant of the Lord.  And, that he will no longer make Satan smile at his pitiful perception of the human race.  

"I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.'  Ezekiel 11:19

The funeral for this beautiful princess of God is in a few days.  There will be a time of sadness and moments of celebrating this precious girls life.  It was short, too short.  But she touch so many lives in that period off time.  And I pray that friends,her brothers and sisters-in Christ, will use this heartbreaking tragedy to draw the saved and unsaved closer to God.

There is a time for everything, 
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment