Tuesday, June 7, 2011

You make me feel................

It amazes me that I can wake up in a really fantastic mood and in an instant my mood is changed by the behavior of one of my beloved family members.

This morning I woke up ready to start the day in quiet prayer.  Praising God for all that I have.  And thanking Him for the quiet time He and I were sharing.  I got up showered and came down stairs.  Straightened up the mess that was left behind from last night.  And got side tracked when I picked up my new netbook computer I opened it up and started to blog about a completely different topic.  When all of the sudden.......tension in the form of a silent man seeking a telephone that wasn't in it's place stung me like a bee.  I really wasn't expecting it at all.  If I had stopped at picking up the computer, and putting it away, I would have had that phone in its proper place.  But, no I got side tracked by the temptation of my new gadget.  I have to say I tried to make up the excuse...."Lord, I was doing it to glorify you."  But that was just a tall tale.  I was doing it because I was excited about blogging on my new toy.

Like I said earlier, I watched my mood change from quiet and feeling blessed to frantic and full of tension.  That duo, frantic and tension, seemed to go with me for a little while.  But God is so faithful and His word is planted in my heart.  I just had to go a pick thru the weeds to find the beauty that was growing.  I could hear my Dad's voice telling me, "Kathleen, take every thought captive."  Wise man!  He used that phrase a lot with me. So, I found myself attempting to take each thought and emotion and tie it all together with a lasso.  It isn't easy.  Those thoughts sure can get away from you.  And emotion is just as evil. But at the end of the day I know that if I do take every thought captive and seek God throught my day that things will be okay.  It's when I forget about who I am and where God has me that I allow others to alter my mood.  And I forget that I am supposed to count it all as JOY!

So, now it is time for me to drop frantic and tension off.  And pick up quiet and blessed.  And I think I am going to carry them with me throughout today.  And no matter how the people around me are feeling Iam going to sit back and remember that...... no one can make me feel anyway. Don't get me wrong.  It still hurts when I say goodbye and I love you and the person on the other end doesn't say it back.  It feels like my heart dropped.  And I can often hear Satan whisper in my ear during those vunerable moments, "This person really doesn't care one bit about you.  They think so little of you.  They don't love you at all.  As a matter of fact they are mad at something you did or said and they blah blah blah blah blah............"  I can choose to listen to this or hold on to the truth.   I am in control of how I feel and I am blessed and honored to be a part of something spectacular. 

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.  2 Corinthians 10:5

1 comment:

  1. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3: 16-18

    ReplyDelete