Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Journey....Seeking God's amazing love


Well hello my beautiful Sisters,

I decided to write you a love letter this week.  I know that life can get out of control and we are all super busy with our families, jobs and daily lives.  But are we too busy to take 30 minutes to a hour out of our day to seek God's amazing love.

Last Sunday my pastor gave us some homework to do everyday for the next month.  We are to read 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John a chapter each day.  And in the process discovering how great the Father's love is for us.  I am now one week into this challenge and I am overwhelmed by His grace, love and willingness to forgive me a wretch.

I am praying that each one of my sisters, a.k.a beautiful women in my life, would consider joining me on a quest to deeply understand the love that our creator has for us.

A few years ago I read a book called "Crazy Love" by Frances Chan.  I remember feeling overwhelmed and blessed.  I have been praying for a few weeks about starting a bible study with a group of women.  However, like I said earlier life is busy.  Schedules are full and travel is often too difficult.  So, why not have a blog study?  Over the course of this week I encourage you to download this book on your Kindle, Nook or get the paper version. There are ten chapters in total.  We can start this week by lifting each other in prayer and preparing our hearts to be overwhelmed by a relentless God.  Feel free to "subscribe" to this blog, leave a comment, or just observe.  I would like to start reading the book together a chapter each week beginning this Saturday 6/20.  I would love to share this journey and how God is moving in my life with each of you.  And I hope that you too will share how God's crazy love is transforming your life too.

Much love,

Your sister-in-Christ, Kathleen

PS: Let me know if you plan on taking the journey.

1 comment:

  1. If you click on the "join this site " button you will get notifications when the blog is updated. Looking forward to being overwhelmed with all of you....

    ReplyDelete