Monday, July 16, 2018

God Speaks

Six days ago I made a conscious decision to set aside some quiet and quality time with God, my Heavenly Father.  There was a time in my life when I spent more than 15 minutes a day seeking God’s word.  These past few days made me realize that I carve more time out for the things of this world than I do for my Creator.  I used to wake up every morning and pray for everything under my sun.  I would grab my bible and in the stillness of the morning I would allow God’s  words to penetrate my mind and heart. But somewhere along the road I became complacent and lazy.  My early morning habits and routine changed. Facebook and Instagram beckoned louder and louder as days, weeks and months passed.  To the point that it was easier to wake up, pick up my phone, and browse social media then it was to open up my bible. 

I have decided to make this my last blog post on Facebook and Instagram for the remainder of my 40 day journey.  I will continue to share on my blog, but I need to refrain from the early morning social media surfing.  I want to seek and search God’s word every morning and every evening and the in between.  So, if you care to join me you can check into my blog or you can just take a sweet journey of your own. 

Each day I plan to pray that that Holy Spirit will penetrate my heart, mind and soul.  And that I would have a burning desire to seek God’s living, loving and powerful word. “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than a two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”  ~Hebrews 4:12.  I also pray that these words, God’s words, speak with convicting power to my conscience and continue bear their own testimony.  




No comments:

Post a Comment