Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Open My Eyes So I Can See All The Blessing You Have For Me

I cannot believe it's been well over 8 months since I posted a blog.

Life is out of control. Not in a bad way. I think my life has always been full.  And the past few months just proves this theory.  Each day holds a new adventure.  And I have to be honest my world is sometime too full.  I realized today that the fullness has blocked my relationship with my Creator in many ways.  

This morning I found myself feeling empty.  I have not been reading my bible or seeking God's word for direction.  And I am feeling quite distant from my creator.  I sat in bed and had my one sided conversation with God.  I laid out my requests for my husband, my children, my loved ones, friends and coworkers without hesitation.  I know that God heard my prayer.  As I went about my day I started to think about how often I forget that God created me for His joy.  And now here I am.  I sit here tonight and I have to be honest.  For a very long time I have been requesting, requesting and requesting a little more.  But I have not been listening or watching for God's response.  Yep, like a bratty child I have a case of the gimmies.  Lord give me this and bless me with that.  And I know without a doubt that He is continuously blessing my life. 

As I sat waiting in the doctors office a verse came into my head. "Open my eyes that I may see the beauty and the wonder in your word."  Wow!  All I can say is this was the gentle nudge I needed.  I knew the Holy Spirit was involved in blessing me with God's words.  I waited for over an hour for the doctor to come in.  This gave me ample time to pray, reflect and make a commitment. I decided that I would do a 40 day journey.  A journey that will help draw me closer to my Heavenly Father.  40 days of filling my head and heart with God's word, promises and grace. I cannot promise that I will blog each day.  But what I can promise is that I plan to seek ALL the blessings God has for me.  And I want to invite you to join me on this 40 journey towards growing in God's grace, love and blessings.

I pray that over the next 40 days that the Holy Spirit will reveal my heart or our hearts.  And that we all begin to see the beauty and the blessings in the people, places and things around us.  I plan on making a conscious effort in being still for a time each day and opening my heart, ears and eyes to receive all that our Heavenly Father has for me. What is God trying to tell me? What is He trying to speak into our lives? God gave us His word because He wants us to know Him deeply.  I believe that He is forever doing things to get our attention.  Just look at creation.  

If you want to join me....Amen Hallelujah!  If you want to sit this journey out this time....Amen Hallelujah!  Know that I will be praying for each of you as we step into this journey of faith and discovering just how much our heavenly Father wants a loving a faithful relationship with all of us.
 Image result for Psalm 119:18






No comments:

Post a Comment