Thursday, July 12, 2018

God’s rhetorical question, “Where Are You?”

“Where are you?” This is a great question.  I often wonder this about my own children.  Unlike my inquiry, when God asks us this question He already knows the answer.  

A while ago I read a book called, “The God Who Knows Me.”   And I know many of you read it with me.  So, this morning as I read Genesis 3:9 my heart and mind brought me directly to Him, the God who knows me!  Even in my forbidden moments He knows me.  Our Heavenly Father knows our every move. Yes, nothing is hidden.  And yet He is gracious to forgive and love.  

When God proposed this question to Great great great great great great great grandma Eve and grandpa Adam He wasn’t really seeking them.  He wanted them to think about where they were in relation to Him.  So, tonight I sit here thinking “Where am I”.  I have distanced myself from Him.  There are areas in my life that I am not certain I want to allow God in to.   Yes, when gossip with friends and I really don’t want Him to be in that circle.  Or when I have negative thoughts about a person in my little crazy would I don’t want Him there either.  But He is.  He is the overseer of ALL.  

Tonight as I prepare my heart, head and body for rest I pray, that the God who sees me will remind me that He knows my name, whereabouts, and heart.  




No comments:

Post a Comment