Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Different Way to Celebrate........

One of my beautiful daughters turned 20 yesterday.  She put herself on the "back burner" so that the family could celebrate my Dad, her Grandpop, going to Heaven.  She is most certainly carrying on his legacy.  Just like her Grandpop, she puts herself last.  I have to say I am blessed. 

My sister put together a beautiful video for my Dad.  And in the process of gathering photo's for his memorial, I saw a ton of the birthday girl's "Kodak moment" pictures.  She still has the same smile.  I wish she would smile more often. There is one photo that makes me laugh everytime I see it.  She had a sweater that had a teddy bear on the front.  She didn't like the bear.  So, everytime she wore the sweater, she wore it backwards.  She figured if she didn't have to see it than it would be fine to wear it her way. Not only did she wear the sweater backwards, she completed the outfit with moon boots and stockings.  NO pants, NO shorts, No skirt. A style all her own.  Oh I forgot to mention, this was a summer outfit for her.

My mom would always have the camera ready.  You never knew what this character would be walking down the steps wearing.

Today we will celebrate her moving out of the teen years and into her second decade.  Her heart is broken and she is full of sorrow.  She misses her Grandpop a lot!  And this will be her first birthday dinner without her hero.  I pray that she will seek God this new year.  And know that He will be her comfort and her strength.  So, a different way to celebrate. New traditions will be formed.  And life will continue to move forward. And we will still rejoice in this great life. We may have a little sadness in our hearts.  But "this is the day that the Lord has made.  We WILL rejoice and be GLAD in it," ~Psalm 118:24  And I am Happy for her Birth! So, HAPPY Birthday to my beautiful 20 year old daughter.



Proverbs 4: 20-22
My child pay attention to what I say.  Listen carefully to my words.  Don't lose sight of them.  Let them penetrate deep into your heart,  for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.

No comments:

Post a Comment