Sunday, February 27, 2011

That's not what I planned.......

Life is filled with disappointments! Little and big.  No matter how great or small, disappointments can be hard.  There are some days that feel like I am in one big storm of disappointments. I brace myself to get drenched by the multitude of mishaps and discouraging events. And I find it hard to see the sun behind the clouds. 


I believe that when we are in the midst of this "storm of disappointment", we should to turn our face and look to God for light.  In Matthew 6:25-27 God tells us to not worry about our life.  "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?".  You see, God can be our umbrella or our raincoat.  I prefer to be wrapping in his amazing love!


I woke up yesterday thinking that the day was going to be all about me.  Bedrooms would be clean, no arguing, and happy birthday songs all day long.  Wow did I set myself up or what. Don't get me wrong.  I had a beautiful day.  I had my morning with my loving husband.  We talked about me turning "21".  And he made me a fabulous birthday breakfast.  My son hung out with me for a few hours.  And then three of my daughters were here to say Happy B-day.  My youngest daughter and I went to the mall and had wonderful quality time together.  On the way home I decided we would have a quiet evening at home. Watch some movies and eat some yummy home cooked meal.  I called home, and let me tell you, the plan changed.  I would spend some quality time with my oldest biological child......in the emergency room. God really is  good.  I am not fond of hospitals.  I was flooded with emotion.  But the outcome was good.  My 23year old babe was able to breath again.  And we went home after a few hours. Bedrooms were NOT clean, there was plenty of arguing, and we didn't have a home cooked meal.  But I was blessed. I had quality time with some of the most important gifts in my life. 




Sometimes it can be fun to dance in the rain.  Especially wrapped in your "raincoat" to keep your heart warm. Even in the wildest of storms the sun will eventually shine. When we put our trust in Him, we will not be disappointed. HOPE!!! God is truly faithful.  "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us." Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment