Friday, February 11, 2011

Everything happens for a reason

My Husband and I were scheduled to go on a 7 day cruise. And we decided to shorten our adventure by a few days and do a 4 night cruise instead. Our oldest was planning on coming home, from her job in Turkey, for a visit and she would have been home the week we would have been away. So, it was only right to change plans and be home to see her.

Well, we got back into port and received a message from our third in rank. Our oldest wasn't coming home. She needed to stay in Turkey because of her job. There was a little bit of disappointment floating around. And each of the kids had their own thoughts and feelings. The girls seemed to be the most ruffled by this change in plan. Our third is getting married in 8 months. And she had made plans to go look at "maid-of-honor" dresses when her sister was home. So she was really the most hurt and sad by the change of plans. And the second and forth in rank are just wanting to support and love her through this alteration. And the youngest, his role is the voice of reason. I know they all really love each other. And in a few days this ruffle will be a little less wrinkled.

It is often difficult to understand why things happen the way that they do. But ultimately God is in control. The past few weeks have been full of disappointments. Some of those disappointments have left my heart feeling very bruised. And others have brought light and growth.

In Jeremiah 29: 11 God tells each of us of His ultimate plan. " For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" WOW!!!

God is so faithful. I am sad that our oldest won't be home this week. And my heart hurts for our third oldest. But I find comfort in knowing that God is in control. He has a plan for all of our lives. In a few months everything will be revealed. The wedding will be most beautiful! And hearts will be restored.

On our "change of plans" cruise GOD had a sweet plan for us! We met two fabulous couples. I have to say I was totally blessed by each one of these individuals. Table conversations were fun. We talked about God's love and plan. It really was a great time!

Without even realizing it I was being blessed in so many ways. God was placing His healing hand on my physical health and emotional health. There were a million things that made me think of my Dad. There was a man on board that resembled my Dad. And each time I looked at the clouds I thought of him. I miss him so much. But I realized that I was able to smile through the tears as I thought of him. And that was God's grace. My heart hurt for my mom each time I saw a couple celebrating an anniversary. But again, I found myself smiling through the tears. God's grace again!

God is faithful. I just have to sit back relax and enjoy the ride (while sitting in the center of His palm)! On my own I could be bitter, angry, sad, broken, unable to trust and jealous. But, I am not on my own. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Psalm 3:5.

I would like to say that God has total control of my life. But, there is the huge part of me that is human (the whole part). I am daily trying to surrender my ugly human nature. And daily attempting to live my life according to His ultimate plan. Our God is perfect and so is His will for my life! He knows what is best......Father knows best! I just need to trust Him with everything. The good things, the bad things and all things in between. And know that I can glorify Him in how I react to everything that comes my way. Family, work, fellowship, and more. I need to surrender it all to Him.

"All to Jesus I surrender; All to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live. I surrender all, I surrender all; All to Thee, my blessed Savior,I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender; Humbly at His feet I bow, Worldly pleasures all forsaken;Take me, Jesus, take me now.
All to Jesus I surrender; Make me, Savior, wholly Thine; Let me feel the Holy Spirit,Truly know that Thou art mine.
All to Jesus I surrender; Lord, I give myself to Thee; Fill me with Thy love and power; Let Thy blessing fall on me.
All to Jesus I surrender; Now I feel the sacred flame. Oh, the joy of full salvation!Glory, glory, to His Name! I surrender all, I surrender all; All to Thee, my blessed Savior,I surrender all."
~ Judson W. Van DeVenter

No comments:

Post a Comment