Saturday, February 19, 2011

Super Hero

Today we celebrated my super hero, my Dad.  What a blessing!  I can't even begin to tell you just how beautiful this day was.  It was a day of remembering.  I was so blessed to have this incredible man in my life! And I am so thankful that I got to call him DAD!!!

 I wrote a poem that tells a bit about who and what he was to his adoring crew..............ENJOY.................

                                                     SUPER HERO

I would love to share a story about a really spectacular man
I think I’d tell it best because I’m a pretty long time fan
There’s so much to tell you, to keep it short I’ll try
I may need to pause for grace, as surely I will cry
May 14th, 1936, the world was beautifully changed
Joseph Marion Mallon was born and lives were rearranged
Oldest brother to his five siblings, all raised on Loring Street
The neighbors would kindly say , “That Joey was pretty neat.”
He was born to seek adventure and had a zest for life
This zest and his blue eyes captured Maria for a wife
His heart for his precious side kick was such a gift to see
She was his beautiful sweetie and he loved her adoringly
They had themselves an army 3 girls and 2 strong boys
Joseph raised his family with love and shared in each ones joys
He never had a favorite child for each would put him through the test
He showed them grace and made each feel they were the very best
As years went by each child grew and started their journey in life
The girls have loving husbands and each son a beautiful wife.
Joseph’s family continued to grow as did his loving heart
With each addition to the crew, he’d share his wisdom from the start.
He taught them lessons every day sometimes without them knowing
History, politics and art and how in God’s grace they were growing.
Each day he would rise and gaze upon a sky so fresh and new
There were so many trials that the Lord would guide him through.
And as the day would come to an end you could find him at God’s feet
Seeking Abba Father and digesting God’s word so sweet
All hero’s need to break for fuel like soft pretzels, cheese and crackers
He was proud to share each morsel with his precious little snacker’s
If you told him you were hungry he might make his specialty
Ramen soup with lots of stuff and love was added free.
Everyone who met him felt more like family than a friend
Joseph never lost his zest for life not even in the end
He ran the race and in the end he asked, “Who won the game?”
“We did, we did praise the Lord”, his crew would all exclaim
God has a plan for each of us, and will one day call us home
His promise is to never harm us or leave us standing alone.
So with his family all around he kissed the world good bye.
Hearts were broken and tears would fall as they did question why
This Super hero wasn’t able to stay here on this earth sick
So Lord did call him home as He laid the final brick.
For all the years I knew this man I’m so honored and glad
You see this super hero was my wonderful loving Dad
 
“A life lived with integrity-even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune, is a shining star in whose light others may follow in the years to come.” Denis Waitley


My thoughts and words seem so empty and scattered. A big piece of my life feels broken and shattered. I wake up and I'm still in my dream.  I'm falling apart at every seem.  But I feel the grace from Heaven above.  And remember that God showed me much love. I could never describe this overwhelming  pain. So I draw strength in knowing I will see Dad again.  The legacy Dad left will shine in his crew. God's is so faithful and his promises are true.  Now in my brokeness to my God I will pray. It is by His GRACE alone that I will get through each day. 
"By the grace of God, I am what I am." ~1Cor.15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment