Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God has blessed me with gems! Happy Friend's Day!

So I decided that today would be the perfect day to celebrate my friends.  It doesn't matter if you have been my friend since birth or if you just became a friend this day.  You are all a gift from God.  Proverbs 18:24 "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

Life has been a crazy ride.  And with each new adventure, God has placed some beautiful gems in my path.  I often describe my friends this way.  You see there is this big beautiful boulder in which I am aiming to get to at the end of my journey.  And I have to step on a lot of rocks to get there.  Some of these rocks are smooth and large enough for me to sit for a while and enjoy the majestic sky above me.  But I know I can't stay there forever.  I learn my lesson and move on to the next stepping stone.  Often times I find myself on some slippery and unstable rocks. I do my best to keep my balance and stay focused on that beautiful boulder ahead. As I jump from stone to rock to stone to rock I never know what I will find.  But I do know that God is with me every step of the way.  Throughout my journey He has shown me so many amazing things.  And given me the most precious of pebbles.  Some have captivated me more that others.  Those are the rare precious gems.  I place each one delicately in my pocket forever.  And when I need to see the beauty in my life I pull them out and praise God for His blessing. Don't get me wrong.  I love every one of  those pebbles.  And I carry the lessons and  memory of them in my heart.  However, when and if  they begin to settle in my shoe and prevent me from reaching my destiny, I must lovingly remove it and continue on the path.  Proverbs 12:26 "The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray"

I have often been called "the pit bull" by some of my closest of friends.  Once I have let you into my heart, I feel the need to protect you from harsh words or actions. So when I am standing on those slippery rocks I hold on tight to my gems.  Sometimes my knuckles turn white from gripping so hard.  And often there is a little pain involved.  My heart hurts and I just want to see each gem sparkle and shine. I know that it is God who protects protect.  But, He created me...lol.  "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." John 15:13.  And I have to tell you, I praise God for giving me freinds who allow me to stand with them at all times. Good, bad, beautiful and ugly!

Each one of us is a gem in God's eyes. I don't know when I will reach my destination. Or how many more gems I will pick up along the way.  But I do know that each gem has played a part in who I am and what I will be.  I look forward to the day that I can display each one of my gems in a crown upon my head.  You see, I am one of God's princesses.  And, when I finally arrive at that big beautiful boulder, I will cast my crown filled with amazing gems at His most wonderful feet! Because it is all for His glory that I have become who I am.

1John 3:1-3 " See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.  All who have this hope in Him purify themselves, just as He is pure."

Happy Friend's Day!!! To all my pebbles, gems and future treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment