Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Interviewed by Kate on my faith..........

1.) In the beginning, what made you so close to Jesus and faith itself?
I had a great example of God's love for me. My Dad. But there was a specific time in my life that made me draw even closer to Jesus. I was sick and prayed for courage and strength every day. I realized that the pain of my illness was nothing in comparison to the pain my Lord and Savior took for me and my sins on the cross. And it was at that point in my life that I realized that God loved me so much that He allowed me to feel just a fraction of the pain His Son took for me.

2.) What religion were you raised to practice while growing up? 
I was raised as a "Non-Traditional Roman Catholic". I went to Catholic Schools and for church we mostly attended Roman Catholic services. My Dad wanted us to look outside of tradition and be a berean. So we attended bible studies and went to a multitude of different churches. I even attended Synagogue for a few months while in high school. But we were raised under the traditions of the Roman Catholic Faith.

3.) Were you always headstrong about pushing to follow your religion? Did you ever question your faith?

I don't consider what I have now a "religion". I would say I now have a beaautiful relationship with my God, King and Heavenly Father. There was a time in my life I neglected this relationship. My own agenda seemed so much more important. But He was always faithful. It took a lot for me to realize that my life was empty without Him. So to answer part "A" of your question....No, I wasn't always headstrong. But I have always loved Him.

Hmmmm have I ever questioned my faith? Of course. I am 100% human. LOL. I think there are moments I wonder if this thing I call faith is truth. But then I come back to reality and say to myself. Would I rather exist believing in something greater and in turn be a better person. Or believe in nothing and in turn be a selfish person. I want God to be glorified in the the actions of this woman He created. 

4.) What advice would you give to anyone who is struggling with religion? 
Seek the truth! Get out your bible and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you through God's most precious words. And pray constantly. Even when you aren't sure that you are being heard. PRAY! God will give you the clarification you need. And surround yourself with people who are heading in the right direction. 

5.) Do you think going to church is a must in order to be close with God?

No. I think you need to be in the word more ofter than once or twice a week. It's like this. We all have best friends in our lives. Right? What if the only time we took time for our friend was at 9:45 every Sunday. And when the 90 minutes where up we left and that was it until next week. Pretty shallow relationship. 

I don't go to church every week. But I call upon God every day! Don't get me wrong. We are commanded by God to be in fellowship. This is how we hold each other accountable. As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another ~ Proverbs 27:17 So it is really important that we find a place to fellowship and grow.


6.) When your father was in the hospital for the first time, what was running through your head periodically?
I knew that God was in control. But I was scared. God had been preparing me for this day for a few months. I knew that everything was going to be as it should. My Dad always told me to take every thought and emotion captive. And during those last days he still reminded me of this. My Dad also told each of us that God was in total control of his life. 

7.) What is the biggest miracle you have ever received or seen anyone receive?

Eight years ago my dad almost died. We got eight more years. Now that is a miracle.

I lost three babies between Kathleen Ann and Alyssa. And I almost died with the third. God had a different plan. I was told that I would most likely never be able to have another baby. Well, I have Alyssa and Christian. God is so faithful.

Every day is a miracle!

8.) What kind of prayers did you, your father, and all your other family say while he was on his death bed?

We prayed prayers from the heart. And read scripture to him. We all sang songs of praise and some silly songs from our childhood. I will cherish that time forever. It was such a blessing.

9.) If you’re so strong about your faith, why do you think bad things happen to good people in this world?

Bad things happen because there is sin. And unfortunately we are all in the line of fire. I can't explain why. But, I know that God has always been a strong tower for me in the midst of tragedy.

10.) Can anyone receive a miracle in your opinion?

Absolutely!!!

11.) When it’s your time to go to heaven, what message would to give and what actions would you like to do before it happens (like your father did)?
 I would want to let everyone know that God is in control of my destiny. And that we will all be together again. Life is but a vapor. And eternity is going to be beautiful!

12.) Has this hard experience made you stronger? Closer to god Jesus as well? 

I am so much stronger. "It is by the grace of God that I am what I am" ~1 corinthian 15:10 I praise God for everything. Success or failure. All Glory goes to Him. My life is now forever changed. My heart hurts every day. But it is in this weakness that I turn to my Heavenly Father for comfort and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment