Thursday, March 10, 2011

You are my Sunshine.......

I woke up this morning singing, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.  You make me happy when skies are grey.............".  I miss my Dad so much.  I wish I could physically feel his warm embrace.  God has been faithful.  And He daily restores my heart.  Losing my Dad was the most difficult thing I have ever been through to date. The comfort I get from hearing God speak to me, through His word, is unexplainable.  God has me right where He wants me to be.

Each morning I pray that He will bless me with the most sunny, beautiful and majestic sky.  Most days I am overwhelmed with how amazing the sky looks.  Today, I am trying hard to see the beauty in this grey, rain filled sky that God hand painted for me.  My Dad always told me, "God doesn't create junk."  So, I suppose someone out there really needed a grey sky today.  The beauty, I am spending a little extra quality time with some of the most important men in my life. And I will be seeking for the beauty God has planned for this day.  I will lift my eyes up toward the heavens. I pray that the Holy Spirit glides me through this wonderful day.

"Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing. Why do you complain, Jacob? Why do you say, Israel, “My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God”? Do you not know? Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God,  the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isiah 40:26-31

1 comment: