Saturday, April 16, 2011

Christ in me

Christ living in me.......So I am sitting here once again.  I am thinking about the events of the morning.  I went to Calvary Chapel today to celebrate the life of a very dear man.  I listen to his children speak about their earthly father's life. Each person had a different memory.  A unique relationship.  And there were some characteristic in every persons relationship with Mr Paolini that were similar. Each person there had at one time or another been touched by Tony's love and crazy personality.   As I sat there I began to wonder and think about the legacy Christ has left for me/us.

Christ walked here on this earth in the flesh.  Today He still walks with me and in me through the Holy Spirit.  His love has blanketed the universe.  I have taken for granted that He is present and in my heart.  All I need to do is call on Him with faith and love.  And His response is instantaneous. I know that when my heart is at peace, it is a direct result of His love for me.

There is often a whisper that reminds me that I am unconditionally loved by God. This unconditional gift IS His legacy. How often I forget that this gift is for me.  There a sweater that is sitting in a gift box on the top shelf.  I know it is there. I like it so much I am afraid that if I wear it too much I may wear it out.  It might become tattered and torn.  This fear prevents me from even taking it out of the box.  But God's gift is not going to wear out. He wants me to share this gift with everyone.  Even those that reject it.  He still wants me to show everyone how it fits. This is what everlasting, amazing, infinite love is all about.  Christ tore the wrapping so that I could share in His inheritance. He loves me so much that He protects me.  He whispers to me when my heart is burdened.  He gives my heart peace. He is the perfect gift and this gift is one size fits all.   

John 14:23-27
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.“All this I have spoken while still with you.  But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

1 Corinthians 1:30
 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1John 4:13-16
This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit.  And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.  If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.


Knowing that Christ has taken residence in my heart and in my life is profound.  I have seen Him working in and through me many times in my life.  I have gone through a quite a few storms in my life too.  And while I was in the down pour it was often difficult to see and feel His presence.  But I knew He was there to carry me through.  I needed to get a little wet.  Sometime I needed to get soaked. I would call out in the name of Jesus.  I knew I needed His presence in order for the storm to come to a drizzle. There have also been times where God has allowed me to be caught up in the eye of the storm.  I have a calmness that is unexplainable.  There is chaos all around me.  But my heart is calm. Today I thought back to the day my Dad went home to be with His creator and Lord.  I had this "eye of the storm" feeling.  Jesus was guiding my every step.  I felt Him there with me.  Don't misunderstand me.  My heart was breaking right along side of my whole family.  But, I felt like my heart was prepped for this day. The power and presence of the Holy Spirit was evident.  God promises that, if we say the Jesus is Lord of all and we believe in our hearts that Jesus is the one who was, who is, and who is to come, that we will be co-heirs in the inheritance of Heaven. I am still learning to let Jesus be Lord of everything in my life.  But, I know that He is a permanent part of my heart.


Romans 10:9
 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

1 comment: