Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Lord IS my shepherd

  The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures,he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—John 10:14

God is so faithful.  When I feel like I am alone and can't do it anymore, He provides strength.  There are moments when I wonder if I am in the wrong place.  And after a long conversation with my creator, He shows me that I am right where He wants me to be.  And then there are times when He is very clear about me moving on.  And it is then that He begins to direct me to the right path. Sometime that path seems dark and not so promising.  But, I know that I must have faith in His plan.  Leaning not on my own understanding...........

 I rejoice in this amazing plan that God has laid out before me.  I love when He whispers in my ear in the middle of the night.  Wake up Kathleen. I have your plan for this day.  My heart jumps for joy!  Lord I am listening.  It is quiet.  There are no distractions.  The household is still.  My heart is pure, for the moment.  And I can hear Him.  He spends time with me.  Directing me through each prayer as if we were walking through a forest.  With each new prayer He guides me down another path.  And then, when we are done, we arrive at the beach.  The sand is warm.  And it is time for me to be still, digest the bread and bask in the warmth of His tender love.  His AMAZING love for me.

I know that I need to carry this stillness with me throughout the day.  But, as I said earlier, sometime it last only for the moment.  Time to wake up and start the day.  To live a life of single-minded devotion sound easy. Right? Well, I find that I am in a constant "tug-of-war".  The day is filled with stuff, stuff and more stuff.  Overwhelming at times.  And sometimes it is really loud.  I want so much to hear His voice.  I struggle.  My focus is off and I know that if I could just get back to that place of devotion I will be fabulous.  My life would be....well, not mine.  It would be His and His alone.  And, as a result, life would be less crazy.  And this is how I know that it is His goodness and mercy will carry me through each day.

Psalm 127

 Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain. In vain you rise early
 and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment