Saturday, May 23, 2015

Fill In the Blank


Normally on a Saturday morning my head and heart are eager to share a story or two.  But this particular morning I was feel a little empty headed. I woke up and decided to "get the show on the road" early.  I laid in bed for a little and prayed for my loves.  I did a little reading and then sprang to life.  I gathered the laundry, did a few loads,  fed the pets, and grabbed a cup of coffee.  And now here I sit.  I am one big blank. For me this is really abnormal.  But I decided to run with it anyway.

 How do I even begin to fill in the blank?  Well, for me, there was only one answer.  To do that "One Thing"  So, here we go.  Now that I got some of the "Martha" chores out of the way I will sit comfortably at my Savior's feet.  And bask in the beauty of His Amazing Grace.

 Sometimes my days are so full that I forget to take it all in.  And when evening falls I wonder how and where the day went.  I make an attempt to be thankful for all the blessing, remembered, forgotten or just not noticed throughout my day. God has given us so much and we are often too busy with the "stuff" that we don't even notice the gifts around us.  As I said my plan for this day is to "fill in the blank" and sit at His feet.  I want to feel the fresh filling of God's grace and I want to be open enough to see the blessings.

Earlier, as I was putting towels away in the powder-room, I looked up only to see a neglected treasure.  There on the wall was a tile that my friend, Colleen, had given me a few years ago for Christmas.  And for the first time in months I took a moment to read it.  "The ABC's of Faith" Ask and it will be given to you, Believe, Consider the lilies, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you ,Encourage, Forgive, Give to one from whom you will not receive, Hope, Instruct, Judge not, Knock and the door will be opened to you, Love your neighbor as yourself,  be Mindful, do not Neglect the gift that is within you, Owe no one, Practice kindness, be Quick to listen, Rejoice, Seek, Take heart, Understand, Value truth, Walk humbly, strive to eXcel, enter into joY, be Zealous for the good.  This is a prime example of taking gifts for granted.  I am in that powder-room every day at least once.  And I have gone months without reflecting on the precious statement.  Colleen probably had no clue when giving me that tile, that at 8:30am on the Saturday, May 23rd 2015, I would need to reflect on the "The ABC's of Faith".  What a beautiful way for God, to once again, show me grace.

This "blank" has given me the opportunity to focus a little more on the important treasures and less focused on the "stuff".  It has been a busy, crazy, action packed "Martha" kind of week. And as a result I am finding myself feeling so thankful for the blank.  I hope that, as this blessed day continues, God will gently remind me that His grace is sufficient and His gifts are abundant.  I pray that I will learn to treasure the quiet aka "blank" moments. I want to have a "Mary" kind of day and bask in His Amazing Grace.  I am sure that I will take many moments of this day, and days to come, for granted.  It's a habit. Perhaps I will drink an abundance of water throughout this day.  It will serve as two reminders.  My cup overflows (Psalm 23:5) and I will get to read, "The ABC's of Faith" as I frequent the powder-room.

Image result for luke 10 42


No comments:

Post a Comment