Saturday, May 16, 2015

Have A Static Free Day.

Image result for If you seek me with all your heart you will find me

What a long week.  I thought Friday was never going to arrive.  But it most certainly did.  I woke up yesterday morning at 3am. I noticed that there were a few messages on my phone. The day before was, what would been, my super hero's birthday (a.k.a Dad).  And my beautiful niece Regis was expecting her first child on the west coast. So, there were quite a few messages. And I felt compelled to read each sweet correspondence.  There were some precious moments and pictures that were shared of all of us with my Dad.  A few text messages with updates on baby boy's arrival. But there was one message in particular that blessed me beyond measure.  One of the apples of my eye sent me the most precious accolade.  And this is how my Friday, May 15th 2015, began.

I went about my normal weekday routine and by 6:40am I was out the door and headed to the office.  Got in the car and tuned into my favorite radio station, fastened my seat belt and away I went.  I got to the first traffic light and one of my new favorite songs began to play ("I'll keep on" by NF) I love when God blesses me this way.  As I turned the corner there was a little interference.  Another radio station seemed to be fighting for my attention.  This happens frequently when I get to this light.  However, it only last a block or two.  Not this time.  I drove all the way to work with the two stations sparring for my attention.  I desperately tried to cling on to every word I could.  The chorus I had memorized.  But the verses I still desired to learn. 

I  pulled up to the office.  And despite the distraction I was still happy with what I did hear.  The whole situation made me reflect on my relationship with God.  There are obstacles that are bidding for my attention. You know. Stuff like Hallmark Channel, Facebook, texting, or playing a silly game on the phone. The mindless stuff.  Some days the static is light and I still have a song in my heart.  Other days the static is a nuisance,  I can still feel His presence but I am not fully focused. I may not keep to the plan.  But ultimately I take a moment to sit at His feet.  I find myself treating God more like an acquaintance and less like my beloved. And then there are the days that the static goes beyond nuisance status.  And I find myself tuning into another station completely. More often than I care to admit my station choice doesn't help my focus. Yes, it may come in loud and clear.  However, it has a tendency to sway me in a direction that makes it difficult for me to hear God.

Life is so full of distractions.  This morning was no different.  My Saturday morning are relaxed and slow paced.  I woke up and had some "at His feet" time.  Checked my phone to see updates and pictures of the newest member to the Mallon clan. He is beautiful!!!  Praised God for His abundant blessings.  And prayed for some time.  And then distraction swung by for a visit.  I made a promise and I broke it.  I had a static moment.

A few months ago  I promised myself that I would read through the Bible before picking up another book.  Well, I subscribe to a "free book of the week" club. And each week or so I download another book.  My list of reading material is growing.  Last week's book has been beckoning me to browse it's contents.  So, from 6:30am until 8am this morning, I read, "Alive: A Cold Case for The Resurrection" I was a really good read.  I don't feel guilty in the least.  I may have tuned into a new station but I did tune back into my regularly scheduled program.  I still could hear the sweet whisper of my beloved.

I pray that you all have a static free day!  And through all the distractions you are able to take a moment or two to sit at His feet and listen to the sweet song that He places on your heart.   

No comments:

Post a Comment